Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our Life in Korea: First Couple Months in Daegu

Hey Everyone. If you didn't know for the past 7 months my family and I have been in Daegu, South Korea. My husband is stationed out here and we will be here til October 2011. It has been a very exciting experience so far. I have enjoyed my time here but of course I miss a lot of things back in the states.

Something so simple as a 24hr drive thru joint would make me happy or an American restaurant that DOESN'T have a Korean twist to it =) Here are some pictures of my first months in Korea. Enjoy!

We live in downtown Daegu and these first pictures were taking the first night we went adventuring and some were just site seeing pictures =) I want to apologize ahead of time. These pictures were taken w/my iphone.


Colorful streets of Downtown, Daegu.



Even if it's freezing cold, there are a lot of people out having a good ole time. What does this picture remind you of? New York Time Square? Yay or Ney?



A 1 million inch screen TV. They big ballin' out here =)


Yes, Footlocker!!! Haha, idk why I got all excited because I don't wear shoes! LOL!

A picture of Bennigans, Burger King, and Mcdonalds.


KFC: But they don't sell "ORIGINAL" what's up with that? hmm!


Dunkin' Donuts...not a fan though. I am a faithful Krispy Kreme buyer LOL!



Yes, FILA still exsists out here! And they got a store in every corner!



711, no slurpee or chili/cheese nachos. SO FAIL!


Lotte Young Plaza, somewhat like a Macy's back in the states. EXPENSIVE!!


McDonalds. NOTHING like the states. Well the fries taste the same. Can't really mess up fries! Their Big Mac is so NASTY!! Super sad face!


Yups! That's right. Pizza Hut. Another disappointment. Can I get a super supreme? Yes, it's on the menu but what is a Korean Super Supreme. A BUNCH OF YUCK!!! I think ever pizza they make they give you a free special ingredient. BARF!

T.G.I.Friday. Ate there like 2x and we came to the conclusion that we will never eat there again.

1st reason: TOO EXPENSIVE
2nd reason: Not a lot to chose from.

* In korea they have a "foreigner" menu which is for us Americans. And our menu is more expensive then the korean menu. I think that's sad because we surely buy more than Koreans though. But hey, they have to make money someway...somehow!


Paris Baguette is a bakery that's in every corner. I hear nothing but good things but never tried it yet. I should be a shamed of myself because they just built one near my building. I will do a review on soon!


Here in Korea they are not afraid of tall buildings...and not afraid of jumping out of it. LONG story!! =(


Here are some of my finds that made me the happiest person in the world...well maybe the happiest american in Korea. HAHA.



Yes, Krispy Kremes and it's a store and not a stand!! Still don't know when they serve hot ones. Tried asking but didn't get an answer. I really need to learn some Korean!

Hawaiian Sun Passion Orange! Yummmmers! I can drink 3 cans straight. Super yummy. Glad they have it at the commisary out here but of course at the elevated price.I think it's almost 2.50 for 6 cans.

Chocolate Covered Macadamias!! It's not an everyday treat but I love it once in a while. For 8 bucks a box I better savory every single bite =)


MAC Cosmetics. I found this store in a department store. It's called Debec and it's another store just likes Macy's...expensive...But for MAC, I can splurge just a little, right? =)

Thanks for taking the time to read/view my post. Hope to see yall next time!!

xoxo,
Crisel

2 comments:

  1. haha dude I will get happy too if i find Krispy Kreme in a foreign country. I just have to ask, were you nervous in moving there? I know I would be.

    oh and thanks for visiting my food blog. You really should start one. I dont even think ppl read my food blog but i still do it when i have time. Its nice to kind of document everything i eat lol.

    i'll follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks sweetie! Nervous? Hun, if there is a word that can describe nervous to the 100th power that would be my feeling. Haha.

    But to my surprise I really like it here. I think you just have to go with a positive attitude and of course you have to do some adjustments.

    But thanks for following me and I LOVE your food blog! It made me miss a lot of "back home food" And I saw you are filipina, so am I. =) i'll be looking foward to BOTH your blogs.

    ReplyDelete