Monday, September 20, 2010

Lemon Chicken & Hawaiian Style Mac Salad (Plate Lunch Style)

Hey Everyone. Here is my first FOOD blog post and it's a recipe post. Hope yall enjoy this and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me. This meal is fairly easy and didn't take more than an hour to prepare anything. Here we go.

Hawaiian Style Mac Salad (Plate Lunch Style)

There are so many different variations of making macaroni salad. This recipe that I made is the simple version. You can be creative and add shredded crab or tuna. You can also add boiled eggs and boiled potatos, relish, celery, peas, watercress...whatever your heart desires. But again, this is the simple version.


Things that I used:

- Best Foods Mayo (Pls don't substitute. This is a must) 1 cup or more
- 2 cups of Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 of a carrot or more, grated
-1/4 of an onion (white) , must be grated
- a dash of pepper
- a dash of garlic powder
- 1 tsp curry powder

First you will need to boil your macaroni for 'bout 10-15 mins. Drain and let stand to cool for another 10 mins. Make sure you mix it a couple times so that the macaroni don't stick together. Once it's cooled add all your ingredients.




-
I didn't have any white onion but had red onion so thats that deep reddish/purplish color stuff. You can also substitute with onion powder but it's the juice of the grated onion that makes it tasty =). Again you can make it your liking. Some like more mayo, some like more carrots, and so on.



This is the finish product. Well almost, hehe! You will need to put it in the fridge to cool for atleast 3 hrs or longer. And a helpful tip is before serving add a lil more mayo. It may be dry and you want all that mushy goodness =) Very simple, very easy, and very yummy.


Lemon Chicken

Living in Hawaii, when I hear lemon chicken I automatically think of L&L's. Oh how I miss L&L's. They way they prepare it is different. I think they use deboned chicken w/skin thats flattened. This is my cheat version of it. I always tend to find ways to make it simple and faster but taste ALMOST alike.

The one thing I love bout lemon chicken from L&L's is how they have the sauce on the side and I love the sauce all over my rice, mac salad and of course chicken. My younger brother can't eat it like that. He needs to dip each chicken. YUCK. I like to have mines allllllll soaked up with goodness. LOL. 

So here is my cheat way of making L&L's Lemon Chicken.


Things you will need:

- 10 to 12 pieces of chicken breast tenders
- 1 Egg
- 2 pkgs of Mr. Lums Lemon Chicken Sauce
- Oil for frying
- Cornstarch for dusting chicken
NOT IN PICTURE
- pepper
- Lawry's season salt

The first thing I did was get your pan of oil for deep frying warmed up. Make sure it's hot enough but not too hot where you burn your chicken on the outside but not cooked all the way inside. I had my stovetop at medium-high. And also rinse and clean chicken before anything else!!!





Next get a big bowl and crack the egg. Seasoned it with pepper and Lawry's season salt. Add the chicken and let it soak for 5 to 10 mins while the oil is getting heated up.




Get your constarch ready. I don't know how much I use. I just normally put it on a paper plate. Just eyeball it more or less based on how many chicken you are using. Dip chicken.



Once oil is good and ready...Place chicken in. I put about 4 pieces in. You don't want to overcrowd your chicken. You want them to cook evenly. Cook it til it is light brown or golden color.




It should look like this. Drain them on a paper towl lined paper plate =) Whooa, try saying that 5 times LOL. Once all the chicken are fried up and on the paper plate empty out the oil in the pan, wash it, and put it back on the stove. Heat up bout 2 Tbs of oil for the sauce.



Add the 2 pkgs of the lemon chicken sauce to the heated 2 Tbs of oil. It should look like this.




Once heated add the chicken tenders. Ohhhh looks so yummyyyy!!




Mix chicken and sauce til well coated. The chicken should soak up the sauce. If you like it saucey, use 3 pkgs of that lemon chicken sauce.


DINNER IS SERVED!!

Always served w/2 scoops rice and 1 scoop mac salad!!! Hope you guys found this recipe simple and easy to do. Again, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to comment me and I will get back to you asap. ENJOY.

xoxo,
Crisel


14 comments:

  1. Wow Crisel! That was awesome. Thanks for the tips, it looks de-lish. I want to surprise hubby and make it for him. That was one of his favorite dishes from L&L in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Lysette. Hope yall enjoy it! I really miss L&L's =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! Made me kinda hungry!
    ~Cely

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! Now I'm thinking about that potato salad that you made in the 10th grade! whoo girl! The one with the crab meat in it!!! that was good!
    ~cely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I think that's what I wanna add in next time I make my mac salad!!!

    You know what I wanna make is that potato salad you get at yummys? That's so good but I guess I got to play around with it!!Oh, the joys of cooking =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omG NOW I'm hungry!!! lol Im gonna make this. I miss Loco!!! I miss the orange chicken from there. MMM...remember our Lunch date?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessss. Loco Moco is so good too. I love their furikaki mahi mahi and kalbi! Okay, I just had my midnight snack and "WAS" full now I am hungry again =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I am in HEAVEN!!! I am so glad you are posting some of your recipes because I LOVE looking at your dinner pictures on fb! :) I am so making this! Thanks for posting your mac salad recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dinner was delish bunz, i'm gonna miss your cooking when you leave, so don't post up any food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ASHLEY: Haha, your welcome. Glad you enjoyed my post. When you do make it, lemme know how it turns out =)

    BABES: Aww Babe, don't worry it's gonna be a quick 2 months and back to my yummy smack your mamas foods LOL okay not good enough to smack mom =) But glad you liked dinner bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm Hinodi rice. It's nothing special...the one at the commisary umm the yellow bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice...is this going to be my new cooking channel network?? hmmmm LOLOL! It just might, I think! I really like your new blog! I was doing all of my morning internet updates and this is going to be a regular...so I can always know what i'm cooking that afternoon for dinner LOL! Great going!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sis!! You do one too cuz I want to learn some new recipes also!!! Thanks for the support =)

    ReplyDelete