Monday, October 25, 2010

Keneke's

Hey Everyone!!! It was a sad day =( My kuya left to go back to the mainland so what do I do when I am depressed? EAT!!! LOL. So my brother David, cousin Reyna and James and the kiddos decided to go to Kenekes which is in the waimanalo area. It's a drive for sure but since we had a short cut through Kaneohe it wasn't that bad. Our plans was to get our food at Kenekes and then eat at Sherwoods.



Keneke's is local plate lunch plate and very easy to find. It's that bright red and white building hehe. It's kinda of a tourist place to eat while driving around the island. I know that the owner is christian. In their seating area there is bible verses all over the wall. That's always a plus. To have great food with great people. And a small tid bit, they do cater for your party needs =) Well so for my lunch I had made a mix plate. I had 3 different choices which were teri hambuger steak, mochiko chicken, and lau lau!! Lord, I would do that drive ANYDAY!!! I was never disappointed and for $8.00 buckaroos for that amount of food and deeliciousness =) it's so worth it.



Look at all that goodness right there!! I was starving...Again, I am pregnant and was really hungry and even being that...I haven't even finished half! SO WASTE!!! =( 

So this is the breakdown of the food I chose for those who don't know what which is what. LOL.

The first picture is the 2 scoops rice, 1 scoop mac salad, the teri hamburger steak and mochiko chicken.

According to Keneke's Mochiko chicken is known as "sweet chicken".  It's a mixture of shoyu and sugar mariated chicken dipped in a special rice flour called mochiko and then deep fried. ONO!!! and the teri hamburger steak is self explanitory. It's a hamburger patty drenched in a sweet teri sauce. You can actually see the pool of teri sauce and I LOVE it.!!!!

The second picture is a picture of the lau lau. Laulau is a Hawaiian dish. Traditionally, it consisted of pork wrapped in Luau, or taro leaf. This is so yummers! Lord have mercy!!!


We ended the day playing in the sand watching the sun go down on the waimanalo side of Hawaii Nei. I love simple days like this but not the fact that my older bro had to go. Well hope you enjoyed this post...Check out Keneke's if you are on that side of the island or if you just want some ono kine grinds!!

Keneke's Divine Grinds
41-685 Kalanianaole Hwy,
Waimanalo, HI 96795
(808) 259-9811

Hours
Open Daily 9:30am - 5:30pm


RATINGS:

(Satisfaction)
* Not feelin' it
** It was alright
*** yummy, but don't know when I am going back.
**** Wow, you got my vote. Let's go back next week
***** Hands down so freakin DEELICIOUS!!!

(Cost)
$ Cheap Eats
$$ Worth it
$$$ Whoa, kinda expensive man,
$$$$ Save your money cuz this will break your bank!!!

(My Ratings)
Satisfaction: ****
Cost: $

No comments:

Post a Comment